A quick helicopter flight from the Squamish Airport will deposit you at the picturesque Jim Haberl Hut in the heart of the Tantalus Range. Situated in the Serratus-Dione Col at an elevation of 2,030 metres it’s the perfect base camp for exploring the amazing ski touring and mountaineering objectives in the area. These include Mt. Dione, Serratus and Alpha, all of which are visible from the Tantalus lookout on the Sea-to-Sky highway. Even better, after we ski for a few days out of the Haberl Hut tagging some local peaks with the Howe Sound at our feet we can end the trip at the Tantalus Hut and have the heli bump us back up to collect our gear!
The Tantalus area offers a wide range of ski touring and ski mountaineering objectives from gentle glacier runs to steep couloirs and fluted faces all surrounded by picturesque granite peaks and glaciers. This allows us to tailor your Tantalus ski touring adventure to your specific goals and skill levels while taking you into some absolutely amazing areas in one of the most stunning ski venues in the world.
Day 1- Arrival:
- 7:30am: Meet at the Squamish Airport & fly into the hut
- 10:00am: Review companion rescue and emergency procedures
- 12:00pm: Lunch at the Hut
- 1:00pm: Head out touring for the afternoon.
Day 2 & 3:
- 7:30am: Breakfast
- 8:30am: Head out to ski/ride for the day
- 4:30pm: Back at the hut
Day 4 – Departure:
- 7:30am: Breakfast
- 8:30am: Head out the door for a few more laps
- 2:30pm: Ski down down low for a pick-up and helicopter flight back up to the Haberl Hut to grab our gear and out we go.
A full-time Skiing, Mountaineering & Climbing Guide Monte calls Squamish, BC home. After graduating university with an engineering degree he found he wasn’t satisfied only chasing his passion for the mountains on weekends and evenings. This led him away from working behind a desk into a life of guiding, avalanche forecasting and movie/film safety work. Monte has since climbed and skied all over the world. In the summer he can be found guiding anything from remote mountain peaks to warm sun kissed rock across BC and Alberta. In the winter Monte splits his time between heli-skiing in Bella Coola and ski touring in Japan, the Coast Range and any other cool places he can find some powder.
- ACMG Certified Guide
- Helicopter Flights
- Hut Fees
- Group Safety Equipment
- Transportation to the Squamish Airport
- Accommodation in the Valley
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal ski & safety equipment (transceiver, probe & shovel, etc.)
- Sleeping bags
- A $500 deposit is due upon booking.
- The final payment due 60 days prior to the trip.
- Trips subject to 5% GST.
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance.
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies.
- Participants will be required to sign an ACMG Waiver as well as a helicopter company waiver.