Whistler’s famous Spearhead Traverse
An ultra-classic coastal ski tour, the Spearhead Traverse links up the Spearhead range behind Blackcomb Mountain with the Fitzsimmons Range of Whistler in a spectacular horseshoe shaped high-elevation traverse. The route has it all: 12 glaciers, 11 high alpine passes, 34 kms and some of the most spectacular mountain views around.
While the trip can be done in a day by fit rando skiers, most groups spend 2-4 days on the route. We offer a few different options but the most popular is the 2-day traverse.
Trip Itinerary – 2 Day Trip:
On the morning of the first day we sign some waivers, review our gear and head up the lifts. Once we top out on Blackcomb we head up and over the East Col and the adventure begins. After a nice long day of touring we camp at the back end of the range by the MacBeth Glacier. Future home to the next Spearhead Hut. The next morning, after some fresh coffee, we continue the traverse to the south and around Overlord & Fissile, past the new Kees & Claire Hut, and out the infamous Singing Pass Trail.
- Professional Photographer: $749/group
- Sherpa: $749/group
- Lift Tickets: $65 ea
- Extra Day: $999/group
- Tent, expedition pack, etc.: Contact us for details
- Meals: Breakfast & Dinner are already included!
This is an intermediate ski mountaineering program. You must have some ski touring experience and be an intermediate to advanced downhill skier. Winter camping experience is not needed. If you’re unsure of your ability feel free to contact us to discuss the trip.
A full-time Mountaineering, Climbing & Skiing Guide Monte calls Squamish, BC home. After graduating university with an engineering degree, he found he wasn’t satisfied only chasing his passion for the mountains on weekends and evenings. This led him away from working behind a desk into a life of guiding, climbing and skiing. In the summer he can be found guiding anything from remote mountain peaks to warm sun kissed rock across BC and Alberta. In the winter Monte splits his time between heli-skiing in Bella Coola and ski touring in Japan, the Coast Range and any other cool places he can find some powder.
- Pre-trip planning & support
- ACMG/IFMGA Certified Guide
- Breakfasts & Dinners while in the field
- Group safety equipment
- Group winter camping equipment (stoves, tents, etc.)
- Permits & Insurance
- Personal equipment (some rentals are available)
- Lunches & Snacks
- Transportation to/from Whistler
- Meals & Accommodation in Whistler
- Trip cancellation, travel & medical insurance
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, skis, etc.)
- Extra days due to weather
- A $250 deposit is due upon booking
- The final payment due 60 days prior to the trip
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver