Kamchatka – An amazing ski trip for the adventurous soul!
Starting with a flight into Moscow we’ll spend an evening exploring the local food, spirits and sights. The next day we’ll board another plane for a flight to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Perched on the ocean and surrounded by amazing volcanos this remote corner of Russia is slowly becoming a ski destination. And rightly so, think Hakkuba’s terrain combined Hokkaido’s snow! Even better, there’s basically no one around.
Once we arrive at the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky airport we’ll head over to the small town of Paratunka where we’ll be based out of for the first half of the trip. While there we’ll spend our days exploring the local mountains while sessioning Japanese style tree runs and our evening soaking in natural hot springs. We may even try to sneak in a day of heli skiing on one of the local volcanoes if the weather’s good.
After a few days of skiing trees it’ll be time to head into a new area and push into the alpine. We’ll catch a ride on a snowcat to a remote hut perched on a pass between the towering summits of the very active Avachinsky and Koryaksky volcanos. From there we’ll have massive 2000+m lines right on our doorstep just begging to be skied with the ocean right at our feet.
Alas the trip must come to a close so after a few days at Avachinsky pass we’ll head into town for a final night in Kamchetka before flying back to Moscow where we’ll wrap up the trip over a great dinner and some vodka.
Cost: $6,999 CAD plus GST
Availability: 5 spots available
Dates: May 1 to 12, 2022 (8 days skiing / 12 days total)
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced downhill skiers or split boarders
Adventure Level: High
- Day 1: Arrive in Moscow
- Day 2: Fly to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
- Days 3 – 5: Hit up some Japan-style tree runs in the local mountains
- Day 6: Meet the snowcats for transport up to a hut on Avachinsky pass.
- Day 7 – 9: Shred lines on the flanks of the Avachinsky and Koryaksky volcanoes.
- Day 10: After skiing in the morning we’ll head into Petropavlovsk for the night
- Day 11: Fly back to Moscow & celebrate over a big dinner & some vodka
- Day 12: Fly home from Moscow (or stick around to sight-see for a couple of days)
A full-time Skiing, Mountaineering & Climbing Guide Monte calls Squamish, BC home. After graduating university with an engineering degree he found he wasn’t satisfied only chasing his passion for the mountains on weekends and evenings. This led him away from working behind a desk into a life of guiding, avalanche forecasting and movie/film safety work. Monte has since climbed and skied all over the world. In the summer he can be found guiding anything from remote mountain peaks to warm sun kissed rock across BC and Alberta. In the winter Monte splits his time between heli-skiing in Bella Coola and ski touring in Japan, BC and any other cool places he can find some powder. Photo: @Mountaindarlin
- ACMG/IFMGA Certified Guides
- Airport transfers
- 9 Nights Accommodation
- All meal at Avachinsky Pass
- Bag lunches in Paratunka
- Lift tickets, Snowcat & Snowmobile shuttles
- Black Sheep Adventure Sports Swag
- Food, Lodging & Transportation in Moscow
- Meals in Paratunka & Petropavlovsk
- Helicopter (if we go heli-skiing)
- Travel & Medical insurance
- Personal ski & safety equipment
- A $1500 deposit is due upon booking
- The final payment is due October 31st
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We require everyone to have Travel & Medical insurance
- We requite emergency rescue insurance through Global Rescue
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver