An Introduction to Lead Climbing Course
While there are quite a few areas where you can go top-rope climbing, lead climbing is really the key that opens the door to the endless possibilities rock climbing has to offer from multi-pitch to alpine and beyond. But, as the saying goes, you have to learn to walk before you can run.
This introductory course focuses on giving you the skills and knowledge required to safely go lead climbing in the outdoors, away from the safety nets provided in the gym environment. Some of the topics we will cover include: Climbing equipment, lead belaying, clipping bolts & back-clipping, rope management, anchors, cleaning anchors and much, much more. Taught by ACMG certified guides, this course will give you a strong foundation in outdoor leading and allow you to safely get outdoors this summer.
Course Length: 1 day
Student/Instructor Ratio: 6:1
June 28, 2020 (Fully Booked)
* more courses avail. upon request, contact us for more information
- A $50 deposit is due upon booking
- The final payment due 15 days prior to the trip
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver