This 3-day offering combines two popular trips into one amazing adventure: The Garibaldi Neve Traverse & Summiting the iconic Mt. Garibaldi.
The Garibaldi Neve is a scenic glaciated, alpine ski tour that starts outside Squamish at the Red Heather shelter parking lot and exits at Garibaldi Lake. Spanning 40 Km the route traverses the large icefield behind Mt. Garibaldi and is considered THE classic glacier traverse of the Coast Mountains.
But we aren’t just traversing the expanse of the Neve, we plan to tackle the summit as well. With views of the Howe Sound and Squamish this 2678m tall peak is a feather in the cap of any ski mountaineer!
The weather and conditions will have a direct effect on our exact itinerary and of course we can’t promise blue skies. However, we’re going to have a great time!
– Day 0: Review gear, sign waivers & shuttle vehicles
– Day 1: Ski from Red Heather Parking to East Ridge of Garibaldi
– Day 2: Summit Mt. Garibaldi & ski back to camp
– Day 3: Complete the traverse & head out through Garibaldi Lake
This is an intermediate ski mountaineering program. You must have some ski touring experience and be an intermediate to advanced downhill skier. Winter camping experience is not needed. If you’re unsure of your ability feel free to contact us to discuss the trip.
A full-time Mountaineering, Climbing & Skiing Guide Monte calls Squamish, BC home. After graduating university with an engineering degree, he found he wasn’t satisfied only chasing his passion for the mountains on weekends and evenings. This led him away from working behind a desk into a life of guiding, climbing and skiing. In the summer he can be found guiding anything from remote mountain peaks to warm sun kissed rock across BC and Alberta. In the winter Monte splits his time between heli-skiing in Bella Coola and ski touring in Japan, the Coast Range and any other cool places he can find some powder.
- Professional Photographer: $1199/group
- Sherpa: $1199/group
- Extra Day: $999/group
- Tent, expedition pack, etc.: Contact us for details
- Pre-trip planning & support
- ACMG/IFMGA Certified Guide
- Breakfasts & Dinners while in the field
- Group safety equipment
- Group winter camping equipment (stoves, etc.)
- Permits & Insurance
- Black Sheep Adventure Sports hat
- Personal equipment (some rentals are available)
- Lunches & Snacks
- Transportation to/from Squamish
- Accommodation in Squamish
- Trip cancellation, travel & medical insurance
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, skis, etc.)
- Extra days due to weather
- A $250 deposit is due upon booking
- The final payment due 60 days prior to the trip
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver