All the adventure, none of the bushwacking!
Using the picturesque Haberl Hut as a base of operations this helicopter accessed alpine climbing and mountaineering adventure has it all: Granite spires, long ridges, beautiful glaciers, ocean views, cell service and a BBQ. The staging area is located just 45min from Vancouver in the beautiful town of Squamish, BC. Trips typically run from Friday to Sunday and include a couple of peaks and some amazing food. This allows you get in 2 days of alpine climbing and mountaineering while only missing a minimum of work! If you’re looking for an amazing alpine experience this summer you’ve found it!
The Haberl Hut is located in a high alpine col between the mountain peaks of Dione & Serratus. Just northwest of Squamish, the Haberl Hut is accessed by helicopter making it easy to bring some good food and wine and leave the boil-in-a-bag meals at home. At 6,600′ (2,000m) above sea level. the hut is surrounded by glaciers and rock. Basically walk out the front door, put on a harness and the adventure starts.
Mountaineering & Alpine Climbing:
The terrain in the Tantalus area is ideal for alpine climbing and mountaineering. There is a wide variety of mixed snow and rock routes of various grades on peaks such as: Tantalus 2,603 m (8,540 ft); Dione 2,590 m (8,500 ft); Alpha 2,305 m (7,562 ft); Serratus 2,326 m (7,632 ft) and others. There is also the opportunity for an overnight traverse of the main part of the range to tag a bunch of peaks.
Length: 3 days
Ratio: 2 guests per guide
Season: June through September
Difficulty: Moderate fitness, Beginner to Strong-Intermediate Ability
Day1 – Arrival Day:
- 3:30pm: Meet at the Staging Area
- 4:30pm: Helicopter ride into the Hut
- 5:00pm: Alpine skills refresher course near the hut
- 7:00pm: Back at the hut for dinner
Day 2 – Summit Day:
- 5:30am: Breakfast
- 6:30am: Head out the door for a local peak like Dione
- 3:30pm: Back at the Hut
- 5:00pm: Dinner
Day 3 – Summit Day & Departure Day:
- 5:30am: Breakfast
- 6:30am: Bag another peak like Serratus
- 12:30pm: Back at the Lodge to pack up & get ready for the helicopter
- 2:30pm: Catch our ride back to town for a burger
- ACMG Certified Guides
- 2 Nights Accommodation
- All your Meals at the Hut
- Black Sheep Adventure Sports hat
- Helicopter Shuttle (typically around $450 round trip)
- Transportation to the staging area
- Shuttles are available from the airport to Squamish and we can help with transport to the staging area
- Personal mountaineering equipment (rentals are available)
- Alcoholic beverages