A beautiful hybrid of ski touring / Splitboarding and heli-skiing, our Heli Assisted touring package has it all!
No more long approaches or multi-day traverses to get into some of the most amazing and remote areas of the Coast Mountains. Just hitch a ride in heli for a full day of slaying epic powder with the ocean at your feet.
How it Works:
Our day of heli-assisted touring starts with a helicopter lift first thing in the morning for a quick trip to the summit of a local mountain. Then, after a nice long decent, we start touring. Nothing like starting the day at the top instead of way down at the bottom!
The rest of day is then spent exploring some mind-blowing backcountry skiing or snowboarding in seldom visited areas. Because we started at the top of the mountain we’ve already got a great run under our belt before we start skinning up. Even better, we can traverse through an area tackling cool new lines as we see fit as it doesn’t matter where we are at the end of the day! One quick call and our ride grabs us for a short flight back to civilization and an ice cold beer.
Sedgwick: Almost never skied because it’s such a hard area to access, the Sedgwick zone offers amazing views of the Howe Sound and the backside of Seachelt combined with great snow over numerous aspects. Epic powder with the ocean at your feet, what more could you ask for!
Tantalus: This winter wonderland has a little bit of everything and is sure to please any skill level! Featuring some of the best ski mountaineering on the coast it’s great for the alpinist that loves a good boot pack! The couloirs and epic snowy faces are perfect if you like steep lines. Or if that’s not your flavour, take it easy on some beautiful & long low-angle glacier lines.
BlackSheep’s Secret Stash: A bit further back into the mountains but worth a little extra heli-time! Huge open bowls of pristine powder down to alpine lakes and absolutely no one around!
We use an Astar from Black Tusk Helicopters which are based out of Squamish, BC. This allows room for 4 skiers/riders, an ACMG Guide and, of course, a pilot. Fairly common in small group heli-skiing, Astars are powerful and nimble, the perfect machine to get us into some unique areas in the Coast Mountains.
- 7:00am: Meet for an orientation, safety briefing & companion rescue training
- 9:00am: Depart in the heli for the selected zone
- 12:00pm: Lunch in the field
- 4:00pm: Back at the hanger to share pics
* Actual schedule may vary as determined by the guide, weather, etc.
- ACMG Certified Guide
- Helicopter drop in the am
- Helicopter pick-up in the pm
- Group safety equipment
- Personal ski & safety equipment (transceiver, probe & shovel, etc.)
- Food & beverages
- Transportation to/from the Squamish Airport
- Airbag Pack: $50 per person
- Photographer: $350 per group (uses a seat in the heli)
- Lunch: $15 per person
- Extra Heli Run or More: Cost TBD, subject to availability
- A $150 deposit is due upon booking.
- The final payment due 30 days prior to the trip.
- Trips subject to 5% GST.
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance.
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies.
- Participants will be required to sign an ACMG Waiver & helicopter company waiver.
- Trips restricted to participants 16 years of age and older