Lift Accessed Alpine Climbing on Blackcomb Buttress!
Right on the edge of Whistler-Blackcomb is an absolutely stunning alpine rock climbing route called the Blackcomb Buttress. A short walk from the top of the ski lift this alpine ridge offers great views of the area’s glaciers, lakes and mountains. The route has climbing in the 5.4 range, a roomy summit and an easy walk back down to the lift for a ride back to the valley. A very civilized and fun way to spend a day in Whistler!
This trip is totally suitable for a beginner that wants to get out on an alpine climb though experienced mountaineers will still really enjoy the great rock, views and casual approach.
- Meet at Blackcomb base in Whistler at 8am.
- Review gear over a cup of coffee.
- Catch the Blackcomb gondola up the mountain and into the alpine to start the approach at about 9am.
- Back down in the Village for apres before 4pm.
- ACMG Certified Guide
- Technical gear rental (harness, helmet, etc.)
- Group equipment
- Black Sheep Adventure Sports hat
- Accommodation in the valley
- Personal equipment (boots, tent, etc.)
- Lift pass
- Food (available upon request)