Join us for some Deep Powder Ski Touring in Japan!
You’ve seen it in the movies, in friends FB videos and photos: Japan’s legendary cold smoke powder! Hokkaido is home to the finest deep powder skiing in the world all wrapped up in a truly unique cultural experience. So grab the fattest touring skis or the widest split board you can find and join us for an Epic Japow Ski Safari!
Black Sheep has teamed up with Mel over at Mountain Addicts to bring you the ultimate Japow ski safari. Having lived, skied and guided in Japan, Mel knows the local scene: Where to find the deepest pow, amazing local cuisine and the best onsen (hot springs) for a good soak after a long day of shredding.
It snows pretty much every day here, day after day! And this daily accumulation of snow is deeper than what many popular ski areas see in a week. But what’s really amazing is the quality, we’re talking cold blower pow! So if you love undulating terrain, widely spaced deciduous trees, beautiful landscapes and consistent snowfall day-in and day-out then this is the trip for you.
Now half the fun of a Japanese ski holiday is checking out the local culture and of course the local food. Sushi, ramen, okonomiyaki, takoyaki, omo-rice and more might not mean much to you now, but they’ll soon become favorites! Of course no foreign vacation is complete without sampling some of the local beer and spirits! Not to worry, Japan’s famous for it’s amazing Scotch and Sake, but of course it also has a booming craft brewery scene that begs to be sampled as well. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Foodie, fine beverage connoisseur or an avid skier just looking for some filling food at the end of a big day you will be more than happy with the local offerings.
- Arrival Day: We pick everyone up at the airport at then drive out to Asahikawa
- Days 2 & 3: Ski Asahikawa Area
- Days 4 to 7: Ski Tokachidake Area
- Departure Day: Have breakfast and then we’ll take you back to Sapporo
- Week #1: January 11-19, 2019
- Week #2: January 19-26, 2019
- Early-bird Price (Book before Sept. 15): $2,500.00
- Regular Price: $2,800.00
Note: ACC Vancouver members get a 10% discount on Week 1.
- 6 Days Skiing
- 2 ACMG Certified Guides
- Ground Transportation
- 7 Nights Accommodation
- Onsen entrance (hot pools)
- Lift tickets (if required)
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Black Sheep JAPOW hat
- Flights to/from Sapporo
- Personal ski & safety equipment (transceiver, probe & shovel, etc.)
- Dinners (exploring the local cuisine is a must!)