We’re currently putting together an Indian ski touring trip based out of the Gulmarg area. If you’re looking for the next big backcountry skiing destination that’s oozing with culture, adventure, altitude and just happens to get a heap of snow then Galmarg should be top of your list. A small ski town, Gulmarg is situated in the Pir Panjal range of Northern India, one of 6 mountain ranges that make up the Himalayas. The Pir Panjal are also the first mountain range to be hit by the storms that sweep across the Indus Plains so you know the area receives a ton of snow! 15m on average per year in fact. Skiing Magazine has called Gulmarg one of the top 10 snowiest resorts in the world!
With a gondola to bump us up into the mountains we can really maximize our slack country ski touring or use the lifts to jump start some higher elevation ski touring and ski mountaineering. The gondola is one of the highest in the world topping out at 13,054 ft or 3,890m!! From there you have 4,250 ft vertical powder runs (1,300m vertical) at your feet! Of course from there we can explore this exotic mountain range on our touring skis or split boards and experience some skiing amazingly long backcountry pow runs!
Our team will include an internationally certified Mountain Guide as well as an ACMG Ski Guide who will work in conjunction with a local guide to provide a safe but very fun trip.
Dates: Feb 5-16, 2021
Cost: TBD but expect something in the $4000 range
- Feb 5: Fly to New Delhi
- Feb 6: Fly to Srinagar & Transfer to Gulmarg
- Feb 7 through 14: Lift assisted ski touring
- Feb 15: Travel to Srinagar for a final night
- Feb 16: Fly to New Delhi and then on home
- TBD possibly Khyber Himalayan Resort and Spa or Highlands Park?
- ACMG Certified Ski Guides working in conjunction with local guides
- 9 night’s accommodation in Gulmarg
- Final night’s accommodation on a houseboat on Dal Lake in Srinagar
- All breakfasts and dinners in Gulmarg & Srinagar
- Greeting at Srinagar Airport
- Transfers to and from Srinagar Airport to Gulmarg.
- 10 days of skiing
- Lift tickets
- Taxi rides back to Gulmarg when skiing outside of the resort
- Black Sheep Adventure Sports Swag
- Flights to/from India (you need to fly to Delhi and then Srinagar)
- Indian Tourist Visa
- Travel insurance
- Personal equipment
- Hotels and food in Dehli
- Lunches, snacks or beverages
- A $1000 deposit is due upon booking
- The final payment is due October 1st
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver