Lodge Based Ski Touring on the West Coast.
Using the remote Jouneyman Lodge as a home-base this fully guided and catered 5-day ski touring package has it all: amazing skiing, great food and luxurious accommodation! The parking lot is located 90min from downtown Vancouver and the trips run from Friday to Tuesday. This allows you get in 5 days of skiing but only miss 3 days of work! Assuming you’re not coming from too far away that is. If you’re looking for an easy-to-access, lodge-based ski touring trip this winter you’ve found it!
The Journeyman Lodge is found in the heart of British Columbia’s Coast Mountains, deep in the Upper Callaghan Basin at 4,500′ (1,370m) above sea level. Accessed by Snowcat, it offers many of the comforts of home in a pristine skiers paradise. Great family style meals, a warm lodge and a wood fired sauna.
With 3,500 Hectares of amazing skiing just outside the door the Callaghan has limitless potential. From majestic old growth forests to high alpine glaciers there’s great skiing for every ability and fitness level. Each day after breakfast skis are put on at the front door and you will follow your ACMG certified guides into mountains. With 2 guides scheduled for this trip there will be options for longer or shorter days depending on fitness and how people are feeling.
Length: 5 days
Ratio: 6 guests per guide
Cost: $1700 to $2000/person (depending on room selection)
– Week 1: February 1 to 5, 2019
– Week 2: Trip 2: March 29 to April 2, 2019
- 5 Days Skiing
- 2 ACMG Certified Guides
- Shuttle to the Lodge
- 4 Nights Accommodation
- Black Sheep Adventure Sports POW hat
- Transportation to the staging area
- Personal ski & safety equipment (transceiver, probe & shovel, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages
- A $550 deposit is due upon booking
- Price varies with room selection & occupancy, options are limited so book soon.
- The final payment for week 1 is due December 1st
- The final payment for week 2 is due February 1st
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver